“If you even dream of beating me, you’d better wake up and apologize.” – Muhammad Ali
A good dose of healthy competition can be motivating. And as that quote from The Greatest demonstrates, a little smack talk can be a lot of fun to watch.
For this year’s CrossFit Open at CrossFit Ignis, we’ve decided to up the ante a bit and start hosting a Thursday Throwdown event every week. Here’s how it will work:
- Just like every year, the CrossFit Open WOD will be announced by CrossFit HQ each Thursday night for five weeks at 8:00pm EST. Gather at the box and watch the workout announcement live with us!
- Immediately after the WOD is announced, two pre-selected Ignis competitors will go head-to-head and leave it all on the floor while their boxmates cheer them on. Remember this showdown between Froning and Fraser? Yeah… think of it as something like that.
- Although we’re keeping them under wraps for now, we’ve got some really exciting athlete pairings lined up and we can guarantee that you will not want to miss these match-ups! Let’s just say that there will be some heated competition and old rivalries may be revisited. Expect weekly announcements of the selected athletes leading up to the competition.
We’re excited to watch these competitors take the WODs on in our own box and hope that it will get you pumped to do it yourself on Friday nights. If you’ve not signed up, what are you waiting for?!
THURSDAY THROWDOWN DATES
- Thursday, 2/22/2018, 8:00pm – Open WOD 18.1 announced live on the CrossFit Games website – Thursday Throwdown to follow immediately thereafter
- Thursday, 3/1/2018 – 8:00pm – 18.2 Thursday Throwdown
- Thursday, 3/8/2018 – 8:00pm – 18.3 Thursday Throwdown
- Thursday, 3/15/2018 – 8:00pm – 18.4 Thursday Throwdown
- Thursday, 3/22/2018 – 8:00pm – 18.5 Thursday Throwdown
OTHER IMPORTANT DATES
- Friday, 2/2/2018 – Last day to register for Ignis’s Friday Night Lights at the box
- Saturday, 2/3/2018 – Captains’ Athletes Draft
- Friday, 2/23/2018, 6:00pm – Friday Night Lights WODs kick off with 18.1
- Friday, 3/2/2018, 6:00pm – Friday Night Lights, 18.2
- Friday, 3/9/2018, 6:00pm – Friday Night Lights, 18.3
- Friday, 3/16/2018, 6:00pm – Friday Night Lights, 18.4
- Friday, 3/23/2018, 6:00pm – Final Friday Night Lights, 18.5
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Register on the whiteboard at the box and pay your $20.00 entry fee, beginning this week.
If you choose to participate in the scoring from HQ, you’ll need to create an account at the CrossFit Open website if you haven’t already and pay the additional fee there. Make sure to choose CrossFit Ignis as your affiliate.